With so many over-the-counter supplements, diet pills, and weight loss remedies, it is easy to get confused and overwhelmed. Worse yet, most of those weight-loss remedies are full of chemicals that can be harmful to the immune system. While the may offer a quick fix, chances are that the weight will come back on just as quickly.
However, you can turn toward food, natural foods that is, to promote weight loss and help keep it off. By turning to natural foods, not only do you lose the weight, you also increase your metabolism and boost your health. With these benefits in tow, why not explore these five natural foods that you can add to your diet to promote and keep off that weight?
1. Salad – While not everyone loves the greens, when you look at the multitude of benefits a green, leafy salad has to offer, you might just change your tune. Salads, especially those with green leafy spinach, can provide antioxidants such as vitamins A, E, and C while giving you extra folate as well. The beauty in a salad, however, comes in the creation. A salad can be anything you want it to be. You can add sunflower seeds, chicken, or even fruit like tangerines.
2. Good old-fashioned chicken soup – For many years, studies have shown that chicken soup has all the ingredients to boost your immune system, shorten the duration of a cold, and help promote weight loss. The reasoning behind the weight loss seems to be the fact that soup simply fills you up. And, when you fill up your soup with beans for fiber and chicken for protein along with vegetables for antioxidants, you are naturally and effortlessly achieving many weight-loss goals. If your stomach is feeling full, you are less likely to binge.
3. Lean beef and chicken – Beef that is lean can promote weight loss as it provides the right amount of protein that a dieter needs. Also, amino acids found in extra lean beef can assist with losing weight and maintaining muscle mass. Chicken, with the skin removed, is low in fat, high in protein and tastes great too. Meat and chicken can always be added to a salad for an all-around weight-loss benefit.
4. Oats and whole grains – The fiber in oats and whole grains offers a full and satisfying feeling, which in turn allows you the opportunity to eat less. Rolled oats and those that have the least processing done to them are the most beneficial as they are all-natural and fill you up quickly and healthily.
5. Beans – Eating beans such as kidney, lentil, and cannellini offer the benefits of fiber and protein all rolled into one. Beans can be eaten in a fajita mixed with lean beef or chicken, or made into a healthy casserole or even tossed into a salad.
Not only are these foods ideal for losing weight, they are tasty and versatile as well.